Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Benge Smoked Potato Soup

Wow! So I found some more down time and thought I would ramble away. Every one is busy so why not talk at the world wide web and pretend someone actually cares.

                The pinkish undertone in the photo is because I dropped my iPhone and shattered the back of it. So I painted it with pink nail polish in the hopes that is will keep the shards of glass out of my hands. Unfortunately I did not realize that painting the flash would make my pictures pink. Though if I really would have thought it out. I would have known that. I have never been accused of over thinking anything that I've done.
               So tonight for dinner I decided to make sausage and potatoes. Not sure what the exact name of this meal is. There fore I'll make one up..... Benge Smoked Potato Soup. Hopefully no one has trade marked this meal and decides to sue me. I must say that although I'm sure that this meal has been made by everyone on the planet. My husband just through these ingredients into a pan one night for dinner. And it turned out delish. However I'm thoroughly into fitness now a days and do not recommend this meal if you are looking to lose weight. I have not figured the calorie amount, I just know its a lot. For my family of 6, I peal 1.5 potatoes for each person and an extra one for the pot. Once those are boiled I add two cans of salt free green beans. As well as once package of Johnsonville smoked sausage. I add two heaping scoops of butter. Paula Dean would be so proud of me!  I then let it simmer for 15 minutes just to get everything nice and warm. Salt and Pepper to taste. Or if you're like my husband add hot sauce. Not at all an August meal, however we are caught on a short budget this week with preparing for back to school.
               Anyway this is an extraordinary cheap meal that sits heavy in the belly, a little goes a long way. Dinner at 5:30 tonight to help us to not go to bed with lots of those pesky little calories sitting in our bellies. Till next time,  Chow!

3 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

This sounds like something my husband would make. Think I'll be using this when the weather gets cooler. Great job on your races! You look amazing and I think you should come run a relay with us!

Elisabeth Benge said...

That would be so much fun!

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey Elisabeth! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
Please note in your email: SLS COMPRESSION SOCKS
runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
www.runningdivamom.com